Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Frumious Bandersnatch

An update on The Frumious Bandersnatch, now owned by Brian Douglas and happily floating in the UK:

Hi Matt

For an S 43 owner this is a hugely interesting blog with lots of really useful info.

FYI - I bought "The Frumious Bandersnatch" from the Beneteau agent in Hong Kong when Alan Burge part exchanged it for a First Class 12 ( in 1987). I still own it, but it hasn't been raced in an awfully long time. ( I race a Projection these days!)

Bandersnatch is based in the river Medway in the UK ( Southeast ) these days. I brought it back from HK in 1990-91.

When I can get my head round how to upload a photo I'll send a recent one in - but I warn you, I have lots of questions about the boat as well!!!

rgds

Brian


============================
Some other FB-related comments:

When i first started with Horizon Sails in Hong Kong, there was a Serendipity-43 here called The Fromous Bandersnatch. owned by Dr. Allen (Budgie) Burgess. she was a tillered boat and the first one to use the tiller designed with a section of it turning upwards and then a slow grade of downward angle. this was done so that the driver would not bang the shit of his knee when power reaching. it was the only boat at that time that i could intentionally broach or rather jam the tiller down hard and climb like crazy and pull her out of it. great or climbing above a would be luffer. dough peterson did a great job of introducing balance in this design.

No comments: